Saturday, July 4, 2015

What are the most important to write about when it comes to the Revolutionary Period (1764-1789)?

There are several important items to consider when writing about the Revolutionary War period from 1764-1789. I will outline some of these items in a bulleted format.


  • I would write about causes of the American Revolution. I would include an explanation of why the colonists were unhappy with unpopular laws such as the Proclamation of 1763 and the Quartering Act. I would write about why the colonists were displeased with the tax laws including the Stamp Act and the Townshend Acts. I would also discuss the Boston Massacre, the Boston Tea Party, and the Intolerable Acts. I would conclude this section with some of the battles that occurred before the Revolutionary War began.

  • Next, I would write about the American Revolution. I would start with the Declaration of Independence and explain what it meant. Then I would write about critical battles such as the Battle of Saratoga, the Battle of Fort Vincennes, and the Battle of Yorktown. I would explain what happened in these battles and explain why they were important. I would explain the main points of the peace treaty ending the Revolutionary War.

  • My final area I would cover would be to write about the two plans of government that we have had. I would explain the main points of the structure of the government created by Articles of Confederation. I would also explain about the problems that existed under the Articles of Confederation and why a new plan of government was needed. This would lead me to write about the Constitutional Convention. I would explain the issues that had to be resolved. Then, I would give a brief overview of the structure of the government created by the Constitution. I would explain why some people strongly believed in the Constitution while other people had some concerns about it.

These would be the main topics I would cover in giving a summary of this time period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are hearing tests?

Indications and Procedures Hearing tests are done to establish the presence, type, and sever...